Casement Tax Preparation is a full-service tax business, including preparation services for individual, partnership, corporate, LLC , trust and estate tax services. We offer services in a timely and professional manner. These services can be performed live or remotely.
James P. Casement
CPA/PFS, CFP, CFS
After graduating from Northern Illinois University with a BS in Accountancy in 1984, Jim started his career as a CPA (licensed in Illinois) for a local accounting firm for a year before taking a job as an assistant controller for a local wholesale insurance company. In September of 1986, Jim decided to form his own CPA firm, located in Addison Illinois. That office was later moved to Elgin Illinois. Jim became a licensed attorney in Illinois (2007) and in Florida (2008) he continued to prepare and file tax returns while practicing law mainly in the area of estate planning.
Jim has represented numerous individuals before the Internal Revenue Service and in Federal Tax Court.
Jim has over 36 years of experience in preparing tax returns.
John Calvin Coolidge said it best.
“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan “press on” has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.”
I believe that hard work and determination are qualities that will overcome other flaws, we can if we want to, get it done.
Elgin Community College, Elgin, Illinois
Associates Culinary Arts, June 2011, with High Honors
Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
Juris Doctor, Litigation, May 2007, Cum Laude
Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois
Bachelor of Science, Accounting, May 1984
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
Associates in Arts, June 1982
|Casement Group, President, law and tax preparation firm.|
|Casement Mortgage Brokers, Inc., Vice President, manager/loan originator.|
Avantax Investment Securities, Inc., Registered Representative, Financial Planner, successfully implement, design and monitor millions of dollars in assets for individuals, corporation and pension/profit sharing plans.
|Avantax Advisory Services, Inc., Investment Advisor|
Casement Financial Services P.C., (formally James P. Casement, CPA, Casement & Company, CPA’s) President, 09/86 to 09/02. Sold CPA firm, (September 2002).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) 1984
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) 1990
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS) 1992
- Certified Funds Specialist (CFS) 1994
- Investment Co & Var. Contracts Representative NASD Series 6, 11/13/87
- Direct Participation Programs Rep. NASD Series 22, 11/28/88
- Uniform Securities Agents Law NASD Series 63, 2/12/92
- General Securities Agent Law NASD Series 7 GS, 6/25/93
- Insurance Producer State of Illinois ACC/Health 10/31/1990
- Insurance Producer State of Illinois VAR Contract 07/23/92
- Security Principal License NASD Series 24, 1/19/00
- Licensed Private Pilot, 1995
- Registered IHSA high school baseball umpire, 2002
- Licensed Loan Originator, State of Illinois 2005-2012
- Attorney, Licensed in IL 2007, Licensed In FL 2008
- Bloomingdale Chamber of Commerce, President and Board Member, 1993-97
- Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, Board Member and Director of Stewardship, 1994-1999
- YMCA, Elgin Illinois, volunteer coach, 1994-95
- The Center for Epilepsy Education, Board Member and Chairman of Golf Outing, 1998-99
- Elgin Classic Little League, Coach, Manager, Board Member and President, 1995-2000
- Elgin Continental Little League, Manager, 2003-2005
- Tribal Chief, YMCA Indian Guide Program, 1993
- Married Karen for 35 years
- Children Jimmy 33, Matthew 31, and Jennifer 29
- Three Grandchildren
Let Us Help:
‘Closers’ have run their numbers, and they know that certain IRS problems can net them big fees. Sure, they’ll quote you a smaller fee during the so-called “financial analysis” in the beginning stages of the process – but they also know that there are lots of different ways that they can tack on additional fees during the process so that no matter what, they will get paid.
My team and I would like to invite you into a different kind of process.
Mind you – we are BULLDOGS when it comes to negotiating on behalf of our clients in front of the IRS. We have plenty of stories to prove it.
But what I’d FIRST like to do is to invite you to read my free report, that I’ve specially prepared for Lakewood Ranch area individuals and businesses (which just so happens to be just as pertinent for someone who doesn’t happen to live in the area). I’m confident that after reading this report, that you will ignore ALL the calls from the national sales sharks who are circling the waters and coming after you.
We want to fight for you – and you will never have to speak with the IRS yourself.
Click on the button below to request your free report, and we’ll rush your copy to you immediately. Feel free to poke around our site and discover why I’ve been called “The Most Trusted Tax Professional in Lakewood Ranch.”
PS — If you are discussing your tax situation over the telephone with other firms, be sure to ask them one important question:
“Are you a licensed tax professional that is legally eligible to offer me tax advice, or are you a salesman?”
This is by far the single most important question you should ask anybody trying to offer you tax advice. If they are a salesperson, I highly encourage you to run quickly in the opposite direction.
PPS – Already ready to come in?
I don’t blame you…many folks are fed up with the other options out there. Our schedule is very full…but if you call us at (941) 946-8900 or Email Us, we’ll give you two options for coming in right away! We will NOT make dealing with a tax professional as painful as it’s been in the past!
Talk again soon,
James P. Casement, Licensed Attorney, CPA/PFS, CFP, CFS